See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The First Day

They say that the first day is indicative of how the rest of the year will be spent. If that is the case, it should be a good year. I will be surrounded by family and friends.

Since the day was so beautiful, I walked around my house, the first time in many months. The wooded back yard was peaceful, and sunny. Snow everywhere, even on the swing. So, I brushed it off for another day when I feel like going out to play.

Today, I had to do a minimal amount of shoveling in the driveway and the stairs that lead to the frozen front door. My husband and I went for our twenty minute walk and then inside to defrost.

I am from the Northeast part of the country and am use to the winter's here. Last nights wind was "beastly" but today it was mild and I loved every minute tracing through the snow.

It was a very happy day, with calls from friends wishing me a Happy New Year, and family coming over for a visit.

Around ten I watched the parade of roses. I really like roses and I grow many beautiful ones in my front yard. I had the premonition today that we will have an early spring. I know it sounds crazy, but my mother-in-law said the same thing to John.

So this year will be filled with friends, family, good weather, and of course because we enjoyed Chinese food this evening, great food. Yes, I got my first fortune cookie of the year. I'll keep you guessing. Being mysterious is fun.

I have done nothing but party lately and I'm ready to begin to take some responsibility for the extra pounds. Doing something about it is not a resolution, it's a way of life. When your short you tend to show the weight more than if you were taller.

I know one thing, I feel happier and more alive than I have in years. Must be something in the air, I can just feel it.

My little grandson will be three this month. It's hard to believe that the time has gone so quickly. So here is a word of advice from this boo-boo-kisser, start your New Year right, don't put off what you should have done last year, time is of the essence. You know what you have to do, so just do it.

Make it a good one!

No comments: