See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Read the Bible in one year

Taken from the Orthodox Study Bible
Jan 10: (Gen 30-31)
(Chapter 30)Rachael bearing no children, envied her sister Leah. Anger was aroused against Rachael by Jacob when Rachael said "Give me children, or else I die." "She then gave him Bilhah her maid as wife." She then conceived two sons. Then Rachael said, "God has helped me, and I have wrestled with my sister, and indeed, I have prevailed." Leah who had stopped bearing took Zilpah, and give her to Jacob as his wife. She bore him two sons. Reuben found mandrakes in the field and gave them to his mother Leah. Rachael asked for some. "But she said to her, "Is it a small matter that you have taken away my husband?" "Not so! Let him lie with you tonight for your son's mandrakes." So he lay with Leah and she bore Jacob a fifth son, Issachar. Then, a sixth son. "Then Leah said, "God has endowed me with a good endowment; now my husband will choose me, because I have borne him six sons." Then a daughter.

(Chapter 31)"Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb."
Rachael became a mother conceiving a son, Joseph.
Jacob petitioned Laban to return to his own country; utilizing a speckled and spotted system to divide all goods, which would have left both wealthy men. The angel of the Lord showed Jacob in a dream a deception. Laban had tricked Jacob. But God was with Jacob. "But Jacob had hidden from Laban the Syrian, his intention of running away," Heading across the river for the mountains of Gilead, with his wives and son on camels travelling three days when Laban learned of his departure. Laban overtook them in the mountains of Gilead. Being forewarned by God not to "speak evil things to Jacob at any time." Laban was searching for stolen goods, which had been taken by Rachael, "who put them in the camel's saddle, and sat on them." When the idols were not found, Jacob was angry and rebuked Laban, saying to him. "What is my injustice? What is my sin, that you searched all my things, what part of your household goods have you found? Set them here before my brethren and your brethren, so they may judge between us. These twenty years I have been with you; your sheep and your female goats have not miscarried their young, and I have not eaten the rams of your flock." They made an agreement, collecting rocks and designing a pillar, "The witness head." "Then Jacob offered a sacrifice on the mountain, and called his brethren; and they ate bread and drank and stayed all night on the mountain."

No comments: