See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, January 19, 2009

Read the Bible in a Year

Jan. 19. (Exodus 4-6) Taken from the Orthodox Study Bible
(Chapter 4) Moses is afraid that people will not believe him, that He has appeared to him. Even after the Lord has given him a rod that becomes a serpent and a leprous hand which is restored, Moses requires more signs, proof that they may believe. So He tells him to take water from the river and pour it on dry land, and it will turn to blood.

Moses reply is that he is not capable, asking that another person be sent instead. God tells him that He will open his mouth and teach him what to say. (14)."Then the Lord was very angry with Moses,"

Aaron the Levite, his brother, is chosen to assist. Jethro blesses Moses and he returns to Egypt with his wife and sons, learning that the King of Egypt, who sought his life, died. The Lord reminded Moses to perform all the miracles that He put in his hand. But the Pharaoh will not let the people go, because the Lord hardened his heart. (22)."Then you shall say to Pharaoh, "Thus says the Lord: "Israel is My firstborn son. So I say to you, "Let My people go so they may serve Me." But if you refuse to let them go, indeed, I will kill your first born son." Moses together with Aaron disclosed the words and signs to the children of Israel, who believed and rejoiced.
(Chapter 5) Moses and AAron spoke to Pharoh, saying that the God of the Hebrews has called us to sacrifice to Him three days into the desert. (2). "The Pharaoh said, "Who is He, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go." (4) "Then the king of Egypt said to them, "Why Moses and Aaron do you take people from their work? Go back to your work."
Then it was commanded that the straw once given would now be collected by the Hebrew slaves causing anxiety and oppressive labor, as nothing will be reduced from their workload.
The clerks from the children of Israel saw they were in trouble and meeting with Moses and Aaron, (21) "They said to them; "Let the Lord look on you and judge, because you have made us abhorrent in the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants, to put a sword in his had to kill us."
(22)" So Moses returned to the Lord and said, "O Lord, why have You brought trouble on this people? Why is it You sent me? (23)."neither have You delivered your people at all."
(Chapter 6) "Then the Lord said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he will let them go, and with a strong hand he will drive them from his land." (2)"God also spoke to Moses and said to him, "I am the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as their God, but I did not reveal to them My name, Lord."
(6)."Therefore say to the children of Israel: "I am the Lord; I will bring you out from under the Egyptian tyranny; I will rescue you from their bondage and redeem you with an outstretched arm and great judgments. (7)."I will take you as My people and be your God. Then you shall know I am the Lord your God who brought you out from under the Egyptian tyranny." (8)."I will also bring you into the land I swore to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give to you as a heritage: I am the Lord.' " "But they paid no heed to Moses because of their faintheartedness and cruel bondage."
(12)."Moses then spoke before the Lord, saying, "The children of Israel have paid no heed to me. How then shall Pharaoh heed me, for I am not eloquent?" (13.)"Thus the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, and gave them a command for the children of Israel and for Pharaoh king of Egypt, to send for the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
(28)."In the day the Lord spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,(29) the Lord said to him, "I am the Lord. Speak to Pharaoh king of Egypt everything I tell you."
(30). But Moses said before the Lord, "Behold, I am weak in speech; and how shall Pharaoh heed me?"


No comments: