See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, January 19, 2009

Playing in the snow

Admit it! If your born and raised here, a good part of your life was spent playing in the snow.

We measured ten inches and more in drifts. Just enough to ensure our water systems. If we don't get enough snow we could face a summertime drought.

Fires have been a concern lately, everywhere. Its a holiday and people are out cleaning up. My little grandson, Nathan loves to be outside on his sled with daddy pulling of course, he's still to young to go sliding by himself. Now that dad's cleaned up the driveway, he'll be going out shortly with his little shovel to make a mess.

Speaking of which, I just happened to look at the Dick Whitney sight a few days ago and saw myself in the High School Band, and graduation and it brought back many memories. Imagine that, on YouTube and not knowing it. The pictures are not great but they are adequate. Sue Whitney was my classmate. They had many photo's of sliding and because I also went to the Country Club, I recognized the spot.

We were very healthy children, with clean air, living in a nice green valley with clean water. You don't appreciate what you have until you leave the area and come back. Try drinking the water in places like Atlanta. The water tastes like bleach.

Today, I will venture outside and kick-up some snow, like I have done for many years past. I don't get tired of seeing its beauty or taking a deep breath or seeing it fall from the trees. I am a New Englander. A very thankful one at that. Maybe I'll sit on the swing in the back in the sun, and observe all the woods. Its peaceful and enjoyable there with the sounds of nature, especially the birds.

2 comments:

Fr. Peter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.